Sometimes we all just want a good wrap. Now, when you’re on the raw food diet, this could get a bit difficult, but with these raw food wraps recipes, you’ll be enjoying a crunchy lettuce wrap in no time!
Raw Food Burrito
- 2 avocados
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ½ jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ¾ cup corn
- 2 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 6-8 large lettuce leaves
How to Prepare:
- Mash the avocado in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the other ingredients except for the lettuce leaves.
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of mixture on lettuce leaves and wrap.
Sundried Tomato Carrot Flax Wraps
- ½ a yellow onion
- 4 large carrots
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cup ground flax
How to Prepare:
- Combine all ingredients except for the flax into a food processor until it’s a fine meal. Pour the mixture into a large mixing bowl and stir in the ground flax until well combined.
- Spread equal amounts of the mixture into thin round wrap shapes on the non-stick dehydrator sheets.
- Dehydrate at 105 degrees Fahrenheit for 2 hours, then remove the non-stick sheets and dehydrate on the mesh sheets for 1 hour.
- The wraps can be stored between sheets of parchment in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 14 days.
Raw Zucchini Wraps and Kale Pesto
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- Handful of baby carrots cut into quarters
- Sprouts of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups kale
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- For the kale pesto, place kale, almonds, olive oil, and a bit of salt to taste in food processor and process until desired consistency.
- Lay zucchini flat on a hard surface, layer with pesto, place sprouts, and 1 of each veggie in a mound on one end. Roll into a wrap and stick a toothpick in the center. Top with salt and cracked pepper and fresh cilantro.
Raw Vegan Collard Wraps
- 4 large collard leaves
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2-3 ounces alfalfa sprouts
- ½ lime
- 1 cup pecans
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash collard leaves, cut off the white stem at the bottom, and place the leaves in a bath of warm water with some lemon juice for about 10 minutes. Dry the leaves off with a paper towel and thinly slice down the central root.
- Slice avocado and red pepper.
- Combine pecans, garlic, ginger, and olive oil, and pulse until combined into a clumpy mixture.
- Place collard leaf flat and layer nut mix, red pepper slices, avocado slices, and a drizzle of lime juice and alfalfa sprouts. Fold in half and wrap up the sides.