Having the right raw food snacks on-hand is extremely important. After all, some days you just get a craving for a snack, and it’s so difficult to find things ready made in the SAD (Standard American Diet) that don’t go against the raw food diet. And sometimes, carrot sticks just get a little boring. Luckily, we’ve put together some recipes and suggestions for raw food snacks to help you get through the day.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 regular bananas
- 4 Medjool dates
- ¾ cup almond milk
- Soak the cashews for several hours or overnight, then place in a food processor or blender with all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- 8-10 Medjool dates
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked overnight)
- 1 ½ cups fresh strawberries
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 juiced lemon
- Sea salt to taste
- Drain and rinse the cashews. Combine the dates and almonds in a food processor or blender. Slowly add water until the mixture clumps together.
- Press into the bottom of each muffin cup that is lined.
- In another food processor, combine the cashews and all the other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into each muffin cup and fill to the top.
- Allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours before enjoying. Top with fresh strawberries and nuts.
Wild Berry Trail Mix
This is a delicious blend of dehydrated berries like blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, along with some trail favorites like raw cashews, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, and anything else you’d like to add. This can be completely customizable, so you can add what you want and exclude what you don’t.
- Lettuce leaves
- Carrot sticks
- Sliced peppers
- Sliced cucumbers
Use your lettuce leaves as a base wrap and add your ingredients for a crunchy snack or light lunch.
Fresh Watermelon Salsa
- 2 cups finely chopped seedless watermelon
- ½ cup finely chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil
- 1 juiced lime
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients. These can top your summer salads or you can munch on this with crudités or other raw food choices.
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- Several spoonfuls of almond milk
- Other fruit optional
Add all ingredients into a blender or food processor, blend until smooth, adding almond milk as necessary to reach the desired consistency and smoothness.