Maple Pecan Snack Cake is a dessert that is perfect for all fans of maple flavor with an added bonus of pecans in every bite! If you love pecans, be sure to check out my Pecan Buttermilk Cake!
Maple Pecan Snack Cake
There is something deliciously great about the blend of maple syrup and pecans. This easy to make cake is the perfect combination of the maple flavor and nutty crunch. It goes wonderfully with a cup of coffee, or simply as a snack on its own.
Maple Pecan Cake Recipe
Make sure you save some maple syrup and pecans to top your piece of this snack cake for even more maple pecan flavor.
- Unsalted butter
- Light brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Maple extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
How to Make Maple Pecan Cake
If you look closely at this recipe, you will notice there is only brown sugar used (no granulated sugar). This gives the cake more flavor and keeps it moist. Plus, it’s a snack cake that is as easy as it is delicious to make! So, preheat the oven to 350° and line a 9×9-inch pan with parchment paper before you get started on the cake.
- First, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Next, add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing it all together.
- Then, add the vanilla extract and maple extract.
- Meanwhile, in a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture until combined. If the batter is getting too thick, you can always use a hand mixer.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick is inserted and comes out clean with a few dry crumbs, but no wet batter.
- Allow the cake to cool before cutting and serving.
- Top with extra maple syrup and pecans.
Store the cake, covered, at room temperature for up to three days.
Looking for More Cake Recipes?
Blueberry Coffee Cake
Snack Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting
Texas Turtle Sheet Cake
Almond Pecan Sheet Cake
Pumpkin Pecan Dump Cake
Maple Pecan Snack Cake is a dessert that is perfect for all fans of maple flavor with an added bonus of pecans in every bite!
Maple Pecan Snack Cake
Calories: 523 kcal
(226g) unsalted butter,
(250g) light brown sugar,
(158g) maple syrup
eggs + 1 egg yolk,
(285g) all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) and prepare a 9×9-inch pan by lining it with parchment paper (or lightly grease and flour).
Combine melted butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup in a large bowl. Stir well.
Add the eggs and the egg yolk, one at a time, stirring well after each addition.
Stir in the vanilla extract and maple extract.
In a separate, medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
Gradually stir the flour mixture into the butter and egg mixture until completely combined. Fold in the pecans.
Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake at 350°F (177°C) for 50-60 minutes, or until the edges just begin to turn golden brown.
Allow the cake to cool before cutting and serving.